Friday, July 23, 2010

The Bridge

This bridge is awesome! This is the Millau Viaduct, the world tallest road bridge, located in Southern France. The central mast summit is 1125 feet tall, taller than the Eiffel Tower and only a little shorter than the Empire State building. If you want to know more about it, here is the Wikipedia article.


Here's some nerdier details.



The total length is almost 9,000 feet.


I'm going to go see it someday... hopefully sometime in the next decade. And lots of other stuff in Europe. I have a 4 x 3 ft. map on my wall to plan my trip, but I haven't made much progress yet... but it's an awesome map. Check it out.




3 comments:

Miss Pickwickian said...

Nice...it's pretty, but I don't like bridges.

Your map and room are awesome. :-)

Johanna said...

Your room is looking very...you. Good work. :-)
And sweet map.

dura mater said...

I LOVE your nice, neat room. I hope you get to see that bridge someday!